Add Private Registration
Per our agreement with ICANN, we must add valid contact information to the WHOIS directory for each domain you register. By purchasing Private Registration, you can hide your personal contact information and display proxy information instead.
Note: Some registries don't allow Private Registration. If that's the case for your domain, the option to add privacy won't show up in your Domain Manager.
- Log into your My Products page.
- If you aren't automatically directed there, make sure to select the My Products tab.
- Next to the domain you want to use, click Manage.
- Under Contact Information, click either Make Private or Add Privacy.
- Click Add To Cart.
- Click Proceed to Checkout and finish your purchase.
Bulk add Private Registration
You can also bulk add Private Registration for multiple domains at one time.
- Log in to your My Products page.
- If you aren't automatically directed there, make sure to select the My Products tab:
- Click Manage All:
- You must be in the List view of your account in order to bulk update Private Registration. In the upper right corner, choose List view:
- Select the domains you want to bulk update.
- From the toolbar, click on the Update icon.
- In the window that appears, click on the Registration tab.
- Next to the type of registration you want, click Add.
- Click the Checkout button and finish your purchase.
It can take 24 to 48 hours for the information to display in the Whois database.